At the outset I wish to thank Dr. Khurram Nazeer - immediate past president AIMCAANA and his team for their tireless efforts to achieve the stated goals of the organization. He devoted his time and energies to accomplish tasks quite timely. He deserves appreciation for that.
Upon assuming the responsibility as a President of AIMCANNA, I want to thank all the members for reposing trust on my abilities and To Dear Iqbalians, It’s my great privilege and honor to take the charge of AIMCAANA as a president for year 2012. I am confident that I would be able to continue the great work carried out by the earlier presidents and make the organization ever better through incorporating innovative ideas of my fellow Iqbalians and all others colleagues who are involved in this good work. I am sure we will continue many projects along with launching of new projects, I am proud to announce continuation of following ongoing projects:
• Supporting the elementary school at Jinnah Hospital: We have already contributed towards the school for the children of employees working at AIMC and Jinnah Hospital by providing books and furniture. I intend to continue that support in a more organized way by inviting the school administration’s suggestion regarding their needs and addressing them accordingly.
• Chemotherapy Infusion Suite: It was established and maintained in 2011 to give outpatient chemotherapy treatments to all patients in safe and comfortable environment. Due to its utility it is already needed to be expanded to provide separate treatment area for men and women and active efforts are underway to accomplish that this year.
• Iqbalian House: AIMCAANA is supporting rent of a house in Philadelphia since May 2009, where young physicians can stay with minimum cost while preparing for their exams and searching for their residencies. I will continue and support this project for year 2012.
• Reading Room for Young Doctors: There has not been any maintenance done for the reading room in Jinnah hospital and conditions have become unsafe for many young physician studying there. We intend to oversee complete renovation reading room for young doctors at Jinnah Hospital.
• JAIDE: JAIDE is proving excellent care and education to poor and needy patient since 11/2009, due to its tremendous success we plan to support its plan to expand services. Citizen committee has already begun obtaining quotes for additional work needed.
• Scholarship Project: This useful project shall be continued as was done in earlier years. The designate committee will review all potential applicants, their interest, and their contribution in advancing medical knowledge. Last year it was decided that research work will be encouraged and I intend to continue with that along with other need based assistance as and when required by the Iqbalians.
• Credential Verification: System has finally put in place, please visit www.aimcaana.org for details. We will continue to provide credential verification to Iqbalians and we want all of you to utilize this frequently and give us feedback.
• Qarz-e-Hasna: This scheme shall be continued for scholarly work, research, and advancement of stated goal and objectives of AIMCANA. I intend to add need based aspect on this scheme so as to help young iqbalians that are really good but not able to compete due to lack of financial resources.
• A tribute to Citizen Committee: You all are aware of the importance of the Citizen Committee and its role in improving our working as a coherent group. We will not be able to accomplish any of our goals without their help. The volunteer committee members brain storm and suggest workable solutions to the issues confronted. I would urge all of you to take part enthusiastically by choosing to be a part of the Citizen Committee. I intend to utilize services of the Citizen Committee more actively throughout the year.
I look forward to working with you all, seeking your advice and trying to make this forum more useful and productive. Please don’t hesitate to write me and tell me what we can do to improve our working further.
Abid Hussain, M.D.
Here are the committees for the 2012.
Tariq Javed (Chair)
Muneer Ahmamd Khan
Anwar Hasan Randhawa
Constitution and Bylaws Committee:
Ehtsham Haq (Chair)
Education and Mentorship Committee:
Intekhab Ahmad (Chair)
Ashar Chanan Khan
Aziz U Khan
Election and Nomination Committee:
Atique A. Mirza (Chair)
Umar Asdaq Khan
Ethics and Grievance Committee:
Taqueer Yasin (Chair)
Host Committee for Summer Meeting:
Nusrum Iqbal (Chair)
Project Evaluation Committee:
Babar Cheema (Chair)
Muneer A. Khan
Tahir Latif (Executive Editor)
Wasique Mirza (Chair)
Javed Akbar (Editor Urdu Section)
Sharam Malik (Editor)
Shazia Farooq Sheikh
Residency Assistance Committee:
Shahram Malik (Chair)
Bilal Ayb (Co-Chair)
M. Hassam Majeed
Ibrahim Raza Pasha